The drastic changes in Zagat's 2007 San Francisco Bay Area Restaurant are as follows:
1) There seems to be a bazillion more restaurants in the guide.
2) It's on a thinner, hopefully recycled paper.
3) There was much more positive movement!
Last year, I think there were five restaurants that had major food jump scores that brought them into the 20's (the score is out of 30- over 20 is supposed to be good, over 25 is supposed to be great). This year their are fourteen of these winners (there were actually more, but I picked the ones with the best food scores). Either food in San Francisco is getting better, or our standards are getting lower. Or lots of lame people who don't know anything about food are voting online. Like me.
Like I said last year, if you have been to one of these restaurants awhile ago, maybe it's time to give them another chance.
Restaurant Name- 2006 food score/ 2007 food score- info
1) Alegrias, Food from Spain-19/22- 2018 Lombard St., 415-929-8888
2) Colibri Mexican Bistro- 21/23- 438 Geary St., 415-440-2737
3) The Cosmopolitan- 20/22- Rincon Ctr, 121 Spear St., 415-543-4001
4) Cote Sud- 20/22- 4238 18th St., 415-255-6565
5) El Raigon- 22/24- 510 Union St., 415-291-0927
6) Jackson Filmore- 20/22-2506 Filmore St., 415-346-5288
7) Katia's Russian Tea Room- 20/22- 600 Fifth Ave., 415-668-9292
8) Massawa- 20/22- 1538 Haight St., 415-621-4129
9) Mo's- 20/22- 1322 Grant Ave., 415-788-3779
Mo's- 20/22- 772 Folsom St., 415-957-3779
10) Pauline's Pizza- 23/25- 260 Valencia St., 415-552-2050
11) Town' s End Restaurant and Bakery- 20/22-2 Townsend St., 415-512-0749
12) Trattoria Contadina- 23/25-1800 Mason St., 415-982-5728
13) Truly Mediterranean- 22/25- 3109 16th St., 415-252-7482
14) Yuet Lee (Yay!)- 20/22- 1300 Stockton St., 415-982-6020
Yet some restaurants didn't make out as well. The biggest loser was Brindisi Cucina di Mare dropping from 21 to 17! Ouch. Our Shakespearean friend Jack Falstaff isn't too happy either falling from a 24 to a 21.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Better Food or Zagat Grade Inflation?:
The comments to this entry are closed.